World Youth Forum 2018
The 2018 World Youth Forum was launched under the patronage of the National Training Academy under the auspices of H.E. President Abdel Fattah El Sisi, President of Egypt, November 2nd – 6th, 2018, in Sharm El-Sheikh, the land of peace.
The forum witnessed a significant increase in the number of members registered to attend its activities compared to the first version of 2017. The number of applicants to attend the forum reached 81 thousand young men and women from 195 countries between the ages of 18 and 40, of which 63 thousand to participate and attend meetings, and 13 thousand to participate as speakers, while 5 thousand artists to participate in the World Youth Theatre. Five thousand young men and women from 145 countries from around the world were invited to participate in the forum.
Main Recommendations of the World Youth Forum 2018
- Declaring Aswan as the Capital of African Youth for 2019 by having the Arab and African Platform launched during this year to examine the most prominent issues and challenges faced by youth in the African continent and the Arab region.
- Having Egyptian State’s agreement on Sharm El-Sheikh’s Declaration of Arab-African Integration issued by Model Arab African Summit, and to have it adopted as an official document submitted by Egypt at the Arab League and the African Union Commission via the State’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Assigning the National Training Academy to develop executive mechanism to train Arab and African youth in all political, economic and social fields, and to launch the African Presidential Leadership Program.
- Having the Egyptian State adopt, with all its institutions, the established principle of saving lives and combating terrorism and its impact as a fundamental human right, and to form a collective group of youth participating in the Forum from around the globe with the State’s institutions to extend material and moral support to victims of terrorism in the world.
- Forming a specialized research group under the supervision of the forum’s administration to investigate advantages and disadvantages of the excessive use of social media platforms, and to set some perspective and executive mechanisms to maximize the advantages of social media platforms and lessen their negative impact.
- Launching a publicity campaign by State’s organs in collaboration with the forum’s administration to raise public and youth awareness of the criticality of water security, and to have it on the agenda of international community.
- Launching an international initiative to train 10 thousand young Egyptians and Africans as electronic games developers in the coming three years, and supporting establishing 100 companies specialized in this field.
- Directing State’s institutions to work on establishing an entrepreneurship regional center to provide all means of support necessary for start-ups in Egypt and region’s countries.
- Forming a committee to manage the Humanity Revival Memorial, and to transform the memorial to become an international institution aiming at maintaining humanity principles and to provide support for violence and terrorism victims.
- Assigning Cabinet Ministers to form a committee from Ministries of Social Solidarity and Foreign Affairs and concerned organs to develop a comprehensive conceptualization to amend the governing law of non-governmental civic society organisations in Egypt through examining international experiences and holding a community dialogue involving youth.