World Youth Forum 2017
The idea of the forum goes back to the fourth National Youth Conference in Ismailia in April 2017 when H.E. President Abdel Fattah El Sisi, President of Egypt, invited youth from Egypt and around the world to participate in a “World Youth Forum” in Sharm El-Sheikh in November 2017 to convey a message of peace, development and love from the land of Egypt. World Youth Forum 2017 agenda included a variety of axes which discussed important cases and topics related to youth groups from around the world as follows:
Civilizations and cultures axis
Making leaders of the future axis
United Nations Simulation Model
Main Recommendations of the World Youth Forum 2017
- Entrusting National Training Academy’s Board of Trustees to undertake an educational and cultural exchange program with all academies, institutes and equivalent training centers and allocating a number of seats for full scholarships to learners from Arab, African, Asian and Latin American countries.
- Mandating World Youth Forum’s Organizing Committee, under the direct supervision of the Presidential Office, to take the necessary actions to transform it to an international center concerned with Arab, African and international dialogue among world youth targeting mechanisms of dialogue to establish peace and development.
- Assigning Foreign Ministry, in coordination with all State’s concerned organs and international organisations and institutions- with the United Nations General Assembly on the top of them, to adopt United Nations Simulation Model’s resolutions undertaken by Egyptian and world youth, and to further expand its implementation in future forums in all institutions and international and regional organizations.
- Mandating the World Youth Forum’s Organizing Committee, in coordination with State’s institutions and organs, to hold the Forum in November of each year.
- Assigning Ministries of Culture, Antiquities, Higher Education and Scientific Research, and Planning to take all necessary actions to establish a civilization and culture integration center which is intended to activate cultural acquaintance and convergence mechanisms among world youth for civilizations and cultures integration.
- Assigning the World Youth Forum Organizing Committee, in cooperation with all State’s organs and institutions, to establish the “Egyptian-African Center” with the goal of providing sponsorship for youth potentials of the African continent in all fields.
- Assigning the World Youth Forum’s Organizing Committee to form a committee of experts from different countries of the world to set a global strategy to combat issues of irregular migration, extremism and illiteracy, and to put the strategy to discussion in events held by the forum starting from beginning of 2018.
- Mandating Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Minister of Communications and Information Technology, in coordination with Scientific Research Academy and Egyptian universities, to establish a regional center to sponsor technological innovations from Arab and African countries.
- Assigning World Youth Forum’s Organizing Committee to host youth delegates from different countries around the world to hold workshops and discussion panels throughout 2018 around different issues and topics discussed in the forum while activating all modern communication mechanisms to guarantee broadening participation base in conversing with youth from around the globe.
- Mandating Cabinet Ministers, in coordination with concerned ministries, to establish a regional center to sponsor entrepreneurship and to fund small and micro industries